[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 11 13:29:56 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Van Damme" <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be>
To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

> On Friday 11 July 2003 20:07, Mike F wrote:
> > AFAIK they've been Windows-only for some time now. I'm reminded of it
> > on a daily basis, as MDT gradually leaks away memory like a sieve and
> > Windows swaps more and more incessantly :-/ Not to mention the
> > frequent random crashes and data loss...
>
> Time to develop a nice open source cad program...

Not likely from me, considering I know nothing about OpenGL, C,
assembly language, or anything that would be necessary to embark
on such a project. It's really depressing, considering that
Autodesk software is the only software I use that is only available
on Windows and does not have an equivalent open-source replacement.
Obviously, Pro-E, Catia, Unigraphics, etc. are available for various
flavors of Unix or Linux, but my employer has myself and my colleagues
locked into Autodesk products.