[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jul 11 13:03:12 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 01:50 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
>>    I turned four shades of purple the other day...we were hanging out
>> with her best friend, who has a ~1yr old boy.  She muttered something
>> about wanting us to "get busy" because she wanted us to have a
>> daughter
>> to marry her son! ;)
>
> I discovered early on with Maria that other people knew I'd end
> up marrying her long before I knew.  Maybe the friend can tell
> something.  :-)

   That's cool.  Yeah, some of her friends have been dropping little
hints to that effect.  It's amusing...many of her friends are from
Colombia, and are bilingual...so when they talk to Julia in Spanish, I
can usually tell that they're saying something about me when Julia
turns to me and blushes...then I needle her until she [painfully]
paraphrases a translation into something less embarrassing to relay,
squirming and blushing profusely the entire time. ;)  It's lots of fun!

>>    There's something very sexy about knowing she lives in an AutoCAD
>> session all day. :)
>
> You know she's not afraid of "those computer thingies"!

   Absolutely.  She's a geek, but she doesn't seem to have much
non-Windows experience since Microsoft bribed AutoDesk to drop (or
overprice) everything for non-Windows platforms.  That's ok, I like her
anyway. ;)

        -Dave