[rescue] OT: older PCs and XP

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 06:30:44 CDT 2003

--- "N.Miller" <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 11:27 AM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> >
> > Exactly. In fact, for most people outside the gaming crowd
> > anything sold in the last 4 years is fast enough. A P2 at 300
> > runs Kde perfectly well ;-)
> >
> > (ok, make that 2 years if you absolutely want Xp *sigh*).
>
> Nah.  4 years, so long as you upgrade the memory. ;-)

I am sitting at a 4 year old P2 at 300 MHz laptop running WinXP Pro, with
all the MS Office applications, including Project, and performance is
quite snappy with 256 Meg RAM. I threw WinXP on it after upgrading the
HD to a higher performance drive (large cache, faster speed 40 Gig HD),
and have been quite impressed with the performance of this machine
using current software.

Oh, and Hi Dave! ;^)

=====
Lionel