[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun E10Kservers?]

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jul 9 08:45:31 CDT 2003

Bjorn Ramqvist [v53278 at g.haggve.se] wrote:

> Uhm. I see the *capability* for using ECC ram on PeeCee motherboards
> somewhat frequently. I don't know ANYONE who has actually bought ECC ram
> for their home PeeCee machines though...

I've got three of 'em with ECC.  One is a nice 1U server that came with
it, one requires registered DIMMs, so ECC didn't add to the cost, and
the third uses ECC because I built it to be a server.

And yes, the system that requires registered DIMMs would not boot with
regular ones.  I have no idea why.

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak