[rescue] Available: IBM SP SMP (tall) nodes

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Sun Jul 6 01:15:39 CDT 2003

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 07:58  AM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Are these things complete machines, i.e. will they boot, run programs,
> etc.?
> Do they run on 110VAC or something more?

Well, they're minimal but complete SP nodes. They will boot and run
programs, but not outside of an SP frame, which has the bulk power
supplies (to borrow an E10k term) they rely on. If you know the details
of power distribution in an SP, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to
hack something up to run a node outside of the frame.

I wouldn't recommend it for casual use, though.

ok
bear