[rescue] BlackBox KVM cable pinouts now available

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 5 12:55:38 CDT 2003

A few weeks back I posted asking for someone willing to loan me a Sun cable
for a BlackBox KVM so I could reverse-engineer the pinout. Several kind list
members stepped forward and helped me out. I promised to make the pinouts
available to other cheapskates and I'm now making good on that promise. I've
managed to determine the pinouts for PC, Apple, and Sun cables.

For anyone who is interested, the info is at:
http://www.kroptech.com/bbkvm/

I believe some Rose Electronics KVMs use the same cables so these pinouts
may be useful to Rose owners as well.

--Adam