[rescue] OT: IRIX 6.5 installation on a Indigo2 R10k Impact

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jul 3 10:17:00 CDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Barry Fujii wrote:

> I see Mr Novak has posted several sgi's for sale, I could go buy one of them
> and try swapping the video board... But since the video card appears to pass
> diags, I suspect that the base kernel that is being booted isnt supported,
> that the console is whats required. That9s just my wild ass guess tho.

It's either your monitor or your cable.  If you get video at the PROM,
video works.  All IRIX kernels support termport video for doing the
install and boot-time messages.

Your solutions are to either find a monitor that works, or yank all the
pins out of a 13w3 cable, leaving only the coax connectors.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren