[rescue] SGI GDM-5011PT monitor Q's

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Jul 2 16:01:59 CDT 2003

Hello,

> However, I'm getting weird answers when I search
> for info on just how compatible that 13W3
> connector is going to be with non-SGI gear.
> Could someone confirm that this thing is smart
> enough to swap between composite sync and SOG
> on the 13W3 port, so I won't have to hork
> around with adapters to use it with one Sun
> and one x86 PC?

  generelly I think the problem with 13W3 is that there has never been
  an accepted standard that told manufacturers how to use the 10
  smaller pins. The only common thing is that the big 3 ones are RGB.

  Don't know about this specific monitor, but my best guess is that it
  probably can do CSYNC and SOG on the 13W3 port but doesn't accept
  CSYNC on the pin that the sun is putting it out.

Gerhard

--
Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/