[rescue] Re: Sun 3/50 memory error

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Jan 31 14:42:06 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> So now I am the proud ? owner of a 12 Meg Sun 3/50 !  yay...

Yay!

I have a 3/50M around somewhere, Sun prototype/custom job with 8MB on the
main board. But 12MB is even cooler!

> Now if only I knew how to deyellow the plastic :-(.  I hate how some
> plastics do that... I have a nice old 17" Viewsonic monitor that is
> yellowed on one side from sunlight... it's great monitor but a bit
> unsightly :-(.

Just go to your nearest store that sells paint, and buy Fleck-Stone. You
can make an SGI-Granite looking Sun and confuse all your friends!

> Now I have to figure out if I want to run SunOS 3.X (if I could find
> that OS), SunOS 4.X (4.0.3 (again have to find that OS) or 4.1.1 (I
> have that one)), NetBSD, or OpenBSD....

For fun, 4.1.1. For practicality, *BSD. Use whatever you're most
comfortable with. :)

Good luck!

Rob