[rescue] Sun 3/50 memory error

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Jan 31 13:06:13 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Parity error at Addr 0x00001000, Data 0x00000001, Status Exp 0x00000040,
> Obs 0x000000F0

Take a look at that address.  This is an error on, basically, the first
chip tested.  It's possible that this is a chip error, but I'd suspect a
lot of other things first.

> I suppose I could remove the parity systems board (as it plugs into the
> MMU slot and the MMU plugs into this board)... I could try the MMU from
> the working? board...

Yes.  Pull the board completely and see what happens.  My bet is that if
the problem doesn't go away, at least it will change in such a way that
will help you track it down.

-James