[rescue] AIX hobbyist/noncommercial license?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Jan 30 18:15:44 CST 2003

Hi folks,

Do any of you know if there is still a less-than-$350-per-CPU license for
AIX for home/hobby/technology enthusiast use?

I've seen mention of a hobby license in or around 2000, for $50, but I'm
not finding anything on IBM's site short of the $350/cpu 5L 5.1 license
and some ~$1k 4.x license upgrade options.

Google isn't being very helpful, although it might just be that I'm tired.

Rob