[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Jan 30 18:17:05 CST 2003

On Thursday 30 January 2003 03:15 pm, Kevin Loch wrote:

> >    Mine has a CCS Z80 CPU board (4MHz with an IMSAI-compatible
> > front-panel port), 64K of *static* RAM (yeah static, I'm the man!), a
> > Digitalker speech synth, four serial ports and a hand-built (trivially
> > simple) parallel printer port.
>
> Is that digitalker the same device used in War Games?

Is the digitalker part of a chipset that was manufactured by National
Semiconducter?  If so, my father worked for a division of their that used
them for their POS systems.  I think I still have a Digitalker external box
or two.  Always wanted to hack it, but these days it's easier to do in
software ;)

-E.