[rescue] older IBM PPC inquiry (7015-R50)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 30 15:17:24 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 03:48 PM, Robert Novak wrote:
> I wandered across a cool-looking IBM rack today and I'm wondering how
> cool/useful/usable it is.
>
> It's an IBM System Rack (a bit less than 6' high) with two 7015-R50
> powerpc servers (unknown contents--8mm tape and cd and floppy are
> known)
> and three 7133-020 disk arrays (SSA it seems, with a full complement of
> 4gb drives).
>
> After some poking on ibm's site, it appears these are nearly ten year
> old
> SMP PPC601 75MHz servers that run AIX. The rack itself would be cool,
> and
> I might be able to put it in the living room. Whee.

   Uhh...my documentation says 2-6 CPU 200MHz PPC 604e, discontinued two
years ago, and still 100% supported.  Run, do not walk, and grab that
rack.  Then make a deal with me for one of the two machines and one of
the SSA arrays.  Please?

   http://www.neurotica.com/content/rs6000/7015-R50.html

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley