[rescue] New harddrive in a SS20

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Jan 30 12:26:27 CST 2003

On 30 Jan 2003 09:22:41 -0800, Koyote <koyote at koyote.cx> wrote:

> one or both of those should have the fan modification, but it's not a
> huge deal all the time. (I'd recommend not running dual 10K drives in
> any case, but I think I left you with 7200 RPM barracudas anyway.)

Yeah. I think there's one 4gb drive; the rest are the Barracudas and a couple
miscellaneous 1gb drives.

> the good part is that you can go back to the "Z80 days" with these and
> play around with the OS commands and write programs using just the shell
> operations and learn quite a bit.

I can go back to the Z80 days by digging around in my basement... that TRS-80
I shipped you wasn't my only Z80 box. And if I really wanted to, I could
build
one in a jiffy, even with my poor skills. I still have my 8" floppy drives
and
plenty of copies of CP/M and related documentation. I think I sent you my
only
WD controller board, though, for the hard drives... though come to think of
it, I think I junked all my MFM drives a few months ago. Ah well, I don't
have
time to do all that, either.

I still have that ESDI drive and controller, but that's for a PC with ISA.

---
Ok, Kevorkian, she just walked up and said "I'm dying to meet you." Then
what?