[rescue] New harddrive in a SS20

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Thu Jan 30 10:03:31 CST 2003

On 30 Jan 2003 01:18:48 -0800, Koyote <koyote at koyote.cx> wrote:

> Heheheeh, looks like I managed to spread that addiction pretty well :)

I've very nearly given up several times. I still don't have either system
running in any meaningful sense.

Blanche seems to have lost interest. It's just me now. My interest has also
been waning; I think it's pure stubbornness that's keeping me going.

Go re-read "Flow." Note particularly the part that describes how flow
activities are generally ones that provide a challenge, but not so hard they
seem impossible.

If I had hours every week to sit down and pour over the manuals, read the
documentation, try all kinds of stuff, make mistakes and start over, fewer
distractions and so on, it might seem less impossible, despite how hard it
seems to get direct answers to specific questions. When I was your age, I had
that.

BTW, are the drives supposed to get hot to the touch? If this were a PC I'd
be
adding more cooling to the case. I've been contemplating adding something to
the floppy slot, which isn't being used, after all.

---
You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. -James Thurber, "The
Thurber Carnival", 1945