[rescue] Fwd: SGI machines wanted

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Jan 30 03:30:49 CST 2003

On 2003.01.30 05:52 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Someone not like OpenBSD ????
We have NetBSD, there is no need for OpenBSD. ;-)

> Other than lack of SMP support, I've had good luck with OpenBSD
> (and FreeBSD too).
I am using NetBSD for years, but never even thought about running it on
my Indigo2. I would perhaps think about NetBSD on the Indigo2 when all
hardware is supported. But I am afraid the graphics will never be
supported.

> Hope somebody does though, as I'm all for OpenBSD supporting more
> platforms (which they'd revive PMAX, but I gather there is not enough
> interest in keeping the port alive).
I used a NetBSD PMAX machine as firewall for about a year.
BTW: pthreds with scheduler activations are in NetBSD-current.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen