[rescue] Fwd: SGI machines wanted

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Jan 29 22:52:42 CST 2003

>Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:40:15 -0500 (EST)
>From: vance at neurotica.com
>To: Mike Johnson <mike at enoch.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Fwd: SGI machines wanted
>
>On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Mike Johnson wrote:
>
>> Yay!  OpenBSD for SGI! Anyone have any systems to volunteer?
>
>*barf*

Someone not like OpenBSD ????

Other than lack of SMP support, I've had good luck with OpenBSD
(and FreeBSD too).  I primarily use Solaris, but I also will begin
my Irix learning experience soon (restoring an Indy, and on a
Indigo 2 R10K Impact I just aquired).

>No.

Me neither (at least not the kind of hardware they are looking for).

Hope somebody does though, as I'm all for OpenBSD supporting more
platforms (which they'd revive PMAX, but I gather there is not enough
interest in keeping the port alive).

-- Curt