[rescue] Re: Today's Rescue: Whee

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Jan 28 22:27:59 CST 2003

Basically I saw it as 32U Rack $100... worth it already

D Class 7200 instead of the 7300 I got from Big Mike... a plus (less
Mhz... Beefier arch)

SNMP BABY! ... :-) vs single for the D220 I have already

More original parts versus missing parts for the D I have already

Jamaica Box... with at least one FWD drive in it with canister... (I
have no canisters just a naked FWD 2 GB that Mike gave me and a 1GB SE
D2076... I wouldn't be a happy camper with those anyway... was thinking
about adapting a Compaq 10K SE drive to the SE bay, but anyhow....

The D I have is the SE option with a FWD GSC card hooked to the hotswap
bay... (SE because it only has two connectors soldered on in the HS
cage, and the inside of the door shows that map as the SE option.)

So out of this auction I should get two working D Class boxes... I.e.
one 2 or 4GB will go in the D, a SE 4GB might make its way in there...
though with the huge NFS storage I'm getting soon I won't need large
local storage anymore... and the rest of the Array will be... an
array...wee more capacity.

Andrew

P.S. thx for info I was wondering what that gold thing was.