[rescue] VAX CPU Board on ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 25 17:48:24 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 02:41 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>    This is a VAX4000-300 CPU.  Sheesh.  The seller clearly doesn't
>> know
>> the meaning of the term "*VERY OLD*".
>
> When someone says "*VERY OLD*", I expect not to be seeing large CMOS
> processors and surface-mount components.  Thick traces and an
> overabundance of 54-series of 74-series logic chips come to mind-
> possibly some wire-wrapping.
>
> I'm surprised he didn't tout it as having 3 CPUs.

   Yeah.  It's amazing how anything that has a heat sink on it is a
"CPU".  People who don't know the difference should somehow be
prevented from using the terms.

   But then, the PC market wouldn't exist.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your