[rescue] Re: New harddrive in a SS20

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jan 25 01:40:17 CST 2003

Pop in "Solaris Software 1 of 2". At the "ok" prompt:

boot -s cdrom

Later, at the shell:

format

And do the install off "Solaris Software 1 of 2", as well. Booting and
installing from the Installation CD will take almost a day on an SS20.

--
Jonathan Patschke

This is the procedure I use for formatting disks. However I've always wondered (a) Is there any way of turning verification off? (b) Is there any way of formatting disks in parallel?

I had to format an array last week and it took about five (working) days to format and verify 20 x 18GB disks.

Regards,

Gavin