[rescue] RI/Mass. scappers?

James james at jdfogg.com
Fri Jan 24 11:57:17 CST 2003

At 12:20 PM 1/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > Eli Heffrons, Hampshire Street Cambridge...[at] www.eli.com
> >
>    Yikes: $500 for a Sparc 5? A little rich for my blood -- or do they also
>have other, more reasonable stuff?
>-wde
>--
>Will Enestvedt
>UNIX System Administrator
>Johnson & Wales University -- Providence, RI

I found their storefront junk to be better priced, but haggling is needed
sometimes. Sometimes I find outrageous bargains (like a specialized
microfiche camera that I bought for $50 and sold for $2k) and sometimes I
think they are on drugs. I think that pricelist is for companies that need
something perfect and with a warrantee. On the other hand I haven't been
there in 2 years.

I'm not sure what they are trying to achieve, a museum or a place for
companies to find parts for systems that the manufacturer no longer
supports. Some of their stuff seems to have no value to me. Of course there
are lots of PDP11/??? out there needing help.