[rescue] RI/Mass. scappers?

James james at jdfogg.com
Fri Jan 24 10:57:08 CST 2003

At 11:24 AM 1/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I get a jealous thrill when I read people mentioning their "local computer
>scrapper." Can anyone suggest any in northern Rhode Island/SE Massachusetts?
>    And does anyone want to mention their favorites, regardless of location?
>(Not you, Gavin -- you just make me grind my teeth.)
>-wde
>--
>Will Enestvedt
>UNIX System Administrator
>Johnson & Wales University -- Providence, RI
>Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
>Phone: (401) 598-1584 -- Cell: (401) 258-9169

Eli Heffrons, Hampshire Street Cambridge (further than you wanted to go).
They are legendary and know Sun and DEC. Beg the right person and you can
wander the warehouse. They get tons of great castoffs from the Boston are
Universities. They also get unusual and specialized stuff form
manufacturers, like huge lasers, CNC machines, bench power supplies,
scopes, scanning electron microscopes, PDP8's (still) and bulk electronic
components.