[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 23 20:10:49 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 10:18 PM, Bill Martin wrote:
> Well, I snagged it.  And got snagged myself.  It arrived late this
> afternoon, and is not what was pictured.  The front cover and the
> TK-70 tape drive were no longer there.  Where the photo clearly shows
> the tape drive, an empty hole with a shock mount hanging down is all
> that remains.

   It's likely that some shitstain saw it and thought it was a DLT
drive.  I'd call them and scream loudly.  TK70 drives aren't very
expensive and they're easy to come by, so if you need to replace it
that won't be very difficult.  Of course the system will run just fine
without it, but you might want to remove the TQK70 controller.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your