[rescue] Sun monitor cable

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Jan 22 13:43:17 CST 2003

To the best of my knowledge no Sun framebuffers support Sync on Green.

Some 3rd party ones may have, but all the info I have access to seems to
indicate that there is no sync on green signal.

Wether or not any 3rd parties ever built an adapter or cable for Sun's
to use a sync on green monitor, I do not know.

If the old DEC monitor is a Sony, Sun and other vendors probably used the
same basic monitor.... you may be able to modify the monitor and add two
connectors on the back for the sync signals.  Although, for all that effort
you can probably find a Sun monitor local to you cheap, like the common
1962B Sony monitor.

-- Curt