[rescue] Re: [geeks] Cleaning out advice needed...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jan 22 01:54:08 CST 2003

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 02:14 AM, Kris Kirby wrote:
>> running Windows software over the past few years.  An HP 54111D
>> digitizing oscilloscope and an HP 7550A pen plotter are an unbeatable
>> combination for tearing apart a fast transient signal.
>
> stripchart?

   Nope, X/Y.

   To illustrate, I fired it up a moment ago to take some pics.  Here is
my HP 54111D digital oscilloscope looking at a QYXie's infrared
transmitter's carrier generator waveform, which is subsequently plotted
on my HP 7550A plotter:

   http://www.neurotica.com/content/pics/misc/scope-display.jpg
   http://www.neurotica.com/content/pics/misc/plotter-in-action.jpg
   http://www.neurotica.com/content/pics/misc/finished-plot.jpg

   The same thing could be done with a raster device (indeed the scope
can drive an inkjet printer, which I have) but the nice color plotted
output (being vector data to start with) looks MUCH better than a
rasterized version.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your