[rescue] Re: Sun "Spud" Brackets

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Jan 21 11:25:07 CST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Does anyone know of a reliable source for Sun "Spud" brackets
> (540-3024) like the sort that fit in an E250/450?  $work needs about
> 16 of them, and I cant see the item for sale on store.sun.com, unless
> you buy a disc to go with the bracket.
>
> $work is also $stateAgency, so eBay and USENET probably won't be
> satisfatory answers.

I'm checking with my source about (1) a group buy for people who just want
a few and can do paypal, and (2) passing along his contact info to you so
you can buy directly. This is a regular business that I've bought Sun gear
and other stuff from for a couple of years for my last two employers, and
the only vendor who's never fecked up an order for me in six years or so
of purchasing authority. So I am confident you'd be in good hands.

Drop me a note if you want me to just give him your email address and have
him contact you directly. Otherwise, I'll wait for word from him.

Alternately, if you're in a hurry and don't care about price, memoryx has
them for $40 give or take a few bucks. Look at the first three items on
http://www.memoryx.net/brackets.html (don't buy Silicon Gear).They're a
good reliable business, but you should be able to find a better price on
that particular part.

Rob