[rescue] Cleaning out advice needed...

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Tue Jan 21 01:54:05 CST 2003

Mike Hebel wrote:
> The problem is that I need advice on what to get rid of.  Most of the
> stuff around here is crap but I don't know exactly what to do with it.
> Basically I looked around tonight and said "What the hell am I going to
> do with all this stuff!"

Do what I do.... give stuff away and sell stuff cheap :-)  I don't know
what kind of time you have, but I list even small stuff when I'm sorting
things out.  Someone on the 3 computer lists I'm on may want it.
Sometimes I get requests for stuff that I thought no one would want, and
stuff I think people will jump at, will go unwanted!

You could also try selling on EBay in batches.... say auction all the
IDE hard drives in one batch, all the ISA cards in another, and so on.
You may not get a whole lot, but you'll have a little more money, and
hopefully the stuff will be going to a good home.

Where are you?  I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the MVII or maybe an SGI.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA