[rescue] You want balls?

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Jan 20 15:37:29 CST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:59:17 -0500, you wrote:

> On Friday 17 January 2003 02:43 pm, Jeffrey J.Nonken wrote:
> >
> > I still have a copy of Load Runner that will only run on an 8088 IBM PC,
or
> > an
> > 8088-based clone.
> >
> > Dunno if it'll run on an 8086 or 8018x, but it won't run on any newer
> > processor, including a NEC V2 plugged into the same hardware.
>
> Hmm, I could've sworn I've played Load Runner on my Tandy 1000a with NEC V2
> (was it V2 or V20?).  I'll have to dig it out and test this fact ;)

Could be a slightly different version. I swapped a working 8088 for a working
V2 and LR wouldn't run. Or even load.

 :)

I played it for a while on an original Compaq on my desk at lunch, until I
got
good enough to run out of lunch before I ran out of levels. Eventually the
Compaq was no longer useful for testing and it migrated elsewhere.

---
Never trust anything that leaves the toilet seat up and then laughs when you
fall in!