[rescue] DEFPA Programming Docs?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 20 09:37:47 CST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 03:15 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>>> Anyone know where to get programming docs for DEFPA
>>> cards? I have the Open/NetBSD driver but I'd like
>>> something easier to digest.
>>    If you find this, I'm interested in a copy.
> Add me to this list. Especially if you get info about the DEFQA (QBus
> FDDI interface). It has the same PDQ core like the DEF[TEP]A. So
> support
> is "only" a question of a QBus attachment.... Wouldn't a MicroVAX II
> with its 0.9 VUPs (=MIPS) on a 100 MBit/s link be nice? ;-)

   Dude...do the math, FDDI is faster than Qbus! ;)

   That said, I have a FDDI interface in my 4000/700a.  I just got that
running a few weeks ago; I can say I'm really glad DEC decided to put
so much stuff on the later 4000-series CPUs to keep it off the Qbus!

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols