[rescue] Wow. I feel dumber..

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 19 08:09:09 CST 2003

Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> So? I never heard a solaris user say that his box crashed.
>
> And "everyone knows" that solaris is a Good(tm) Unix(r).

I'm the only person I know that managed to crash a Solaris box - my
'Blade 100.

Using dd to image a CD onto the hard drive, I decided to read my mail,
*pif* severe lockup.  I've been told that this is atypical, but I can
reproduce the situation at will.  (actually, I suspect the IDE CDROM is
flaky, not Solaris or the 'Blade)

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."