[rescue] Production uses for rescued hardware

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sat Jan 18 15:40:32 CST 2003

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:22:52 +0100
Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> So, 9000 works now? Good to hear :-)
>
> About the office docs: send a reply back... in staroffice format.
>
> No, take wordperfect.
>
> And learn these lusers what standards are.
>
> --
> Frank Van Damme

The 9000 works with standard VESA drivers, hence good resolution and
color depth, but no acceleration, I get about 1/2fps with tuxkart. :-(

However I very seldom play games on anything but my stand up arcade
cabinet, and never on a laptop with a touchpad.

I'd love to do that, however I need to satisfy those lusers so they give
me a piece of paper.  My preference would be Gobe Productive, but that
is in limbo while a group of people raise money to buy the source and
open it.  The darn thing about that is I would have gladly paid for the
product if they had finished the linux port before they went under.  In
fact I almost bought the Windows port, since the license would have
covered the linux port when it shipped, but I don't have any Windows
machines to run it on.

Tim