[rescue] You want balls?

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jan 17 16:58:00 CST 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 20:43, Jeffrey J.Nonken wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:13:24 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
> > yeah I used to play an old floppy based tetris that was unplayable on
> > anything faster than a 386.
>
> Hah. I can beat that.
>
> I still have a copy of Load Runner that will only run on an 8088 IBM PC,
> or an
> 8088-based clone.
>
> Dunno if it'll run on an 8086 or 8018x, but it won't run on any newer
> processor, including a NEC V2 plugged into the same hardware.

*hrm*
my first gaming box (police quest 1, test drive 1, though Sony Bond won't
run faster then 'normal'):

- intel cpu probably 8088 - older then 80286 in any case
- 640 kbytes ram
- dos version 3.1
- 30 megs disk
- 2 floppy drives
- hercules monochrome graphics monitor (completely worn out now)

--
Frank