[rescue] Value of a 42U Rack?

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Jan 17 09:11:31 CST 2003

For comparisons sake, I can get Compaq 42U racks with doors/sides/etc. Here
in the Twin Cities for around $400 from some of the local lease return
places. These are generally in good to great condition, and may have some
internal shelving or may not.

When racks show up at the scrappers/recyclers they aren't around long, since
they can go from anywhere from $20 to $200. They are also usually in much
worse shape.

Steve