[rescue] You want balls?

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jan 17 04:45:32 CST 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 03:47, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Here's what you do with a 486... and I can provide a compressed hard
> drive image for you.  Just put DOS 6.22 on it, and then I'll give you a
> ton of DOS games and Nesticle (NES emulator) with a butt-load of ROMS.
>
> Best use for a 486... Mortal Kombat games up to V. 3, Star Control and
> Star Control 2 (best game ever), and Nesticle.
>
> Throw out every other 486 and you're done. (Except parts to repair the
> single game unit)  They're even a bit too fast for some of my oldest
> games.

LOL, a 486 as a game machine :-)))

Nah, I use my 486 as a router... 2 cheap ethernet cards in it and there you
go. Or as thin client... older dos games sometimes works great under wine.
It's somegood advice anyway :)

btw, I still have a cdrom lying around here with dozens of old dos games on
it (Indiana Jones, commander keen, day of the tentacle which is one of the
best games Lucas ever made etc.). I'd upload it somewhere for permanence if
someone can host it. Most of it didn't work last time I tried (win95 pc @
133 mhz) but once again, a 486 might do the trick ;-)

--
Frank