[rescue] Sun 486i !!

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jan 16 20:16:11 CST 2003

Not a myth.  I have a complete 486i, and an extra mainboard (although I
don't have the processor board for it, and I don't even know if it works).

I also have the original 4.0.3 beta SunOS OS tapes.

Definately not a myth.  Powered by Intel 486DX25.  I'm thinking that if
it doesn't upset the OBP, that a 486DX2/50 would make a nice upgrade for
it (like processing power would really even matter in a one of kind
prototype like this... but if it has a ZIF socket, I might try it).

It's not up and running... I rescued it, and never got around to setting
it up and installing it... but I knew it was important to rescue... !

I won't get into where, how, or the effort I went through to rescue this
thing from the scrap dump in the sky !

-- Curt