[rescue] Re: You want balls?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 16 19:00:00 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 07:02 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Don't suppose you want to part with that VME chassis ? :-)

   I could possibly be talked into it, for a nice trade.  I really don't
want to ship it, though.

> SparcStation-3... I worked for Sun and never heard of that.
> Was that person from CA ?

   Nope, he worked at Sun's Federal Systems division in DC.  He later
transferred to the facility in Grenoble, France, and left Sun a couple
of years later.

> I have a LX that was a prototype (obvious from just a serial # on
> the bottom and the fact it uses an IPC/IPX top, spot for "SparcStation
> LX"
> is in the wrong place and wrong size for the production label.... I
> have
> one "printed" on a clear platic that was the "proto" for it)... but
> then
> I'm in MA, and the Classic/LX were east coast projects...

   Neat!

> I also have a 486i (of which I think there were less than 200 made and
> they were all prototype/demo).  It too was an east coast project.

   NEAT!!

> The SS10/SS20 I'm sure were west coast projects so all the prototype
> goodies
> would have been out of CA.

   Sun Fed did have a lot of prototype systems...there was a proto
SS2000 there.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols