[rescue] argh, what did I do? (Onyx)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 16 08:04:09 CST 2003

"Andrew Weiss" <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> AMI MegaRAID 466 with 32MB of RAM

In Dell servers, these had (have) problems keeping up with large file
transfers.  Anything over 150MB and they choke, and never quite recover.
You *do* have 32MB on it, so that may help some.  Just a word of warning, in
case you ever run into that issue...

> Oh I was wondering... I also want to install all Windows software on an
> area of the array...for application running, would Samba be better than
> NFS?

When dealing with Windows clients, I normally give in to useing Samba.
However, I tend to at least *try* NFS first.  In the office, I have Samba
running on the fileserver, sharing the same dir as the NFS export.  At home
though, it's all NFS (as I have total control over all systems).

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com