[rescue] auctions.sun.com question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jan 16 02:32:24 CST 2003

I scored the Ultra-60 w 512MB RAM, 18G drive, 21" true flat monitor, cdrom,
kb, mouse, and Solaris 7 for $4200 with the shipping in June 2000.... I was
pretty ecstatic at the time....

Not sure what it is "worth" now... half that ?

Back then I wish I had had the money and resources to buy a bunch at that
price.... (although part of the agreement is that I theoretically could not
sell the unit for 6 months ... even 6 months later it was still worth more
than $4200).

I think I lucked out... why they sold it when it didn't meet reserve I don't
know... but I didn't ask :-)

Of course now I could use the $4200 .... ah well, times change..

-- Curt

>From: Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz>
>To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: Re: [rescue] auctions.sun.com question
>Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:13:29 +1300
>
>It could be - but the last auction they ran ended on 2002-NOV-27 and I'm
worried that they've stopped listing permanently. I'd really like to buy one of
those disk packs.