[rescue] Re: Gateway/ALR mounting rails

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 15 22:22:15 CST 2003

<<
Anybody got any mounting rails for HD's in the hot swap bay of Gateway/ALR
servers... specifically the NS series.

I was pricing them out at around $30 a pair... which means 6 pairs are $180
.... way too much dough for a garbage can dive... but using this behemoth
box without drives in the hot swap cage is a bit of a waste... It's going to
be a dual 333 when I Get done with it and have around 6 4's or 9's on a AMI
Megaraid.

They look like this...sort
of...http://support.gateway.com/s/HARDDRV/Seagate/H00672/h0067202.shtml

and definitely like this: http://www.hottrays.com/product.asp?pf_id=ALR22140

I was considering making my own....suggestions anyone?

I'm a bit of an NS9000 nut and I have 14 sets of there rails that I bought about two years ago for my OEM'd Gateway NS9000 (it is actually a Unisys Aquanta HS/6). I paid 7.5USD per set. I bought them so I could use 2 x 3D cages and a 6D cage in my system and have two drives spare.

These rails were definitely OEM'd but I can't remember who the manufacturer was. I bought mine from a company called 'Asset Recovery / CT Systems' who trades on EBay as 'assetrecoveryctsystems'. I suspect that they will have long sold out as these things are almost unobtanium.

Regards,

Gavin