[rescue] argh, what did I do? (Onyx)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Jan 15 18:31:34 CST 2003

I have 4 of the 23Gig and  1 of the 47Gig (both the same series).

They are a bit load depending on your enclosure.

They are no Barracuda or Cheetah, but if speed isn't your issue, they
seem to be reliable enough.

I'm currently only running two of the 23 Gig drives round the clock
setup as a RAID mirror.

Haven't had an ounce of trouble from them.

Now, if you were running 4 or more of these they might get a little bit
load depending on your enclosure and your environment.

If your concerns are power, size, and noise, I'd recommend something else.
If your concern is economy and you don't mind a bit more power consumption
and noise (and consumed space :-) ) then these are great drives.

As always YMMV,

  -- Curt

<mailto:rescue-request at sunhelp.org?subject=subscribe>