[rescue] Sun SLC/ELC

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jan 15 14:10:14 CST 2003

On 2003.01.14 17:24 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Interesting ideas.  Probably helps to have SLC/ELC boxes to gut for
> the connector stuff though.... otherwise your only interface is this
> one edge connector....  Did these projects require gutting SLC/ELC
> boxes for those parts ?
I removed the complete back part of the ELC. I.e. the steel plate at the
back that holds the main PCB and the PCB that breaks the edge connector
out to the SCSI, Ethernet, serial, ... connectors. If I remember right
you need to remove only the back cover and four screws to get this
plate. It was easy to mount the machine in the SCSI enclosure with that
steel plate. You should get the speaker also if you want some audio.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen