[rescue] Cycle 5 board

Mark Gill ansalmo at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jan 15 13:26:32 CST 2003

I'm so happy!  I managed to source a Cycle 5-CLX board to soup up my
ClassicX - a rare find in the UK.  Even better, it's fitted with a 170MHz
TurboSparc CPU which gives the Classic an impressive turn of speed.

I love the old lunchbox Suns, and I think I've maxed this one about as far
as it can go - it also has a 100Mb ethernet card, plus a SBus-to-PCMCIA
bridge in which I've put an 802.11b wireless card (it's running NetBSD so
this works perfectly).  Just need to find a bigger hard drive and some more
32MB SIMMs - the 5-CLX can take 6 of them to give a max of 192MB rather than
the 128MB I had in there before (2x32 + 4x16).  I was also wondering whether
I can make use of a PCMCIA USB card.  Hmmmmm.

All in all, I guess it's now a ClassicMAX....

:-)