[rescue] Sun SLC/ELC

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Jan 14 21:09:20 CST 2003

As memory serves me ... I believe ELC was 72 pin SIMMs and I think it
required 36bit wide (ECC) ones... (I know it at least needed 33 bit (parity)
ones.  The SLC probably could use 100ns parts, the ELC probably 80ns parts.

Should be able to find these readily enough.  Just FPM ram.... just got to
stay away from the non parity pc memory...

Oh... and the SLC could only hand 4MB SIMMS, the ELC could take 4MB or
16MB SIMMS.

Maybe someone else here knows more about the 33bit vs 36bit issue in regards
to the ELC (and for that matter, the IPX too... I think Classic/LX took
60ns parity (33 bit) but I think the IPX needs 36 bit).

-- Curt

<mailto:rescue-request at sunhelp.org?subject=subscribe>