[rescue] Re: argh, what did I do? (Onyx)

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 14 17:02:01 CST 2003

<<
> It booted up okay today, it's got 6.5.10 installed. It's the box only,
> no monitor or anything. It has 4x 100MHz R4400's and two
> InfiniteReality(?) boards, 1GB disk and 64MB memory.

64megs of ram seems a bit unlikely.  And when you say two infinite
reality boards, do you mean two infinite reality boardsets, or do you
really mean only two boards (IR takes a minimum of 3 boards to my recall).

--
Joshua D. Boyd

I have seen a deskside Onyx in a government department with a single 150MHz
R4400 and 64MB of RAM! They had been using it since the early 90's to
generate the on-screen titles for the national lottery type gameshows and
things. It had all sorts of neat looking cards for generating the proper
broadcast TV genlocks and stuff like that.

I was tempted to make an offer for it, but they paid over 100kUSD for the
system and I didn't want to seem like I was insulting them :-)

Regards,

Gavin