[rescue] SunTuner?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 14 14:58:12 CST 2003

"Mike F" <lists at mikef.dyndns.org> wrote:

> No, Mr. Wizard was the guy who had about 5-6 different
> kids in the neighborhood that would "assist" him in
> various experiments. I always wondered "who is this guy?"
> and "what are these kids doing hanging around at Mr.
> Wizard's house all the time?" The show I'm thinking of
> may have been a local PBS show (Pittsburgh.) The host
> of the show was a guy maybe in his 60's or 70's with
> wild, unkempt hair and black horn-rimmed glasses, perhaps.
> It seemed like he was always in a bad mood (he was
> probably a retired college prof.) He reminded me of the
> crazy doctor in "The Cannonball Run."

Oh!  I've seen that one a few times.  I specifically recall a demonstration
he did to show how air expands and contracts during tempurature changes by
imploding a metal fuel can.

There were other deomonstrations (obviously), but that one sticks out
because he *specifically* warned not to do the experiment with a can that
had fuel in it at any point.  And I wanted to do it anyway...

Yes, he was cool.  I saw that not too long ago, maybe 10 or 15 yrs ago?

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com