[rescue] Old SGI Operating Systems

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 14 11:30:08 CST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:

> Ok, this may be a strange rescue but after I've got quite a nice stack of
> old CDs/Tapes with several of my machines the idea of collecting the forgotten
> IRIX (or 4D1) releases comes back to my mind from time to time.
> Is there anybody out there interested in something similar and willing to
> help me on that quest? What I'm particularly interested in is <= 5.x stuff.
> Especially releases from before 3.x because nobody seems to remember what
> SGI did use then (on the Motorolas).

I have a bunch of 4.x.x CD's and I remember having a box with 3.x.x and
maube GL-something or other (which is the name of the OS for the IRIS
2K/3K machines), but I need to dig deeper, since I made a big move a few
years ago and I dunno where I put them. The tapes were the old 1/4 inch
60MB or so type.