[rescue] SunTuner?

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Mon Jan 13 21:31:47 CST 2003

Hmm, is "jack_the_stud" here?  Right now he's got the only bid posted on
this very curious (and rare!?) item that looks ripe for rescue:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=180&item=2300425243&rd=1

Description sez:

	Sun Microsystems SunTuner
	Has Antenna In port
	and RCA Video Out
	Audio Out headphone jack
	Serial I/O Port with cable
	Includes AC cable
	Unit was powered up but not tested
	does not include any drivers or software

I've never seen or even heard of a Sun-branded box like this...  Combined
with a SunVideo card, I'm guessing you could watch TV in a window.  The
serial port implies that you could run a little channel changer applet of
some kind.  Looks nifty... I'm sorely tempted to go for it...

(A search of the public and contract collections turns up one mention in
the SunLabs part of the site, and two old bug reports - one from 1994, the
other from 1996.  This must not have ever been productized?)

-- Chris