[rescue] The onyx godness

Jeffrey J.Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Jan 13 12:50:07 CST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:19:18 -0500, you wrote:

> My take on things:

 <cut>

All of which merely convinces me further that the Sun hardware is useless to
me.

I can see the firewall not needing a GUI, but most of the applications we use
seem to work better with a GUI. Otherwise, I'd be quite happy to use Wordstar
for all my word processing needs. But doing EVERYTHING in pure text can get
tedious.

I can use BitchX, for example, and I've had it doing multiple scroll regions,
but an 80x24 text console can get a bit crowded when you have 10 chat windows
open at once.

Sorry if it makes me a wuss not to do things the most difficult way possible,
but I've gotten rather used to having a GUI on my desktop.

> So perhaps your project is worthwhile enough to you to pursue after all.
> It's really your call--and sometimes (if free time is available) a project
> is enough fun to be worth it regardless of the actual outcome.  Go for it!

My wife and I have pretty much decided to find a new home for the SS20s. So
the project would be pointless, and impossible for me to debug.

---
Somehow we think it's not all right to feel bad. The next book I write is
going to be called "I'm Not O.K. and You're Not O.K., and That's O.K."
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.