[rescue] Irix question

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Sat Jan 11 23:26:07 CST 2003

So, I am trying to get openssh installed on my Octane. It isn't going
well. It had a 3 dependancies, which needed dependancies, which needed
dependancies, etc (Why the f**k do I need gtk+ and image libraries for
ssh?). Fun, fun, fun.

So I was about four packages away form ssh nirvana when I hit a snag.
libungif needs urt which needs compiler_eoe, ifl_eoe.sw64.c++ and
x_eoe.sw64.eoe. Now these aren't listed on freeware.sgi.com. So are they
part of the Irix install? System info below.

I am just running what was on the box when I got it (I was going to
reinstall after I pick up a bigger HD (it's only 4GB right now), but I
am trying to help someone out first.

Also, anyone know why the Octane would be SUPER slow as soon as I try to
browse outside the directory I start in? I mean like >10minutes to list
the other folder.

Also, anyone know how to actually capture video from an O2's av card? I
found the Video Input box, so I can watch stuff, but I haven't found a
way to capture it (not that I have looked too hard). Also, anyone wanna
buy an O2 (R5k 180, 160MB*, 2GB, IRIX 6.5.13 on CD-R, Audio card only,
*may have 256MB, have to decide).

thanks
shawn

uname -aR