[rescue] FDDI

Andrew Sydelko andrew at sydelko.org
Sat Jan 11 10:41:26 CST 2003

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:55:39 -0500 Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
wrote:

> On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 11:10 PM, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> > I was just going through the kernel config (2.4.18) in Linux on a
> > Ultra 2 and I noticed that it had "FDDI driver support (NEW)".
> > Sounds like someone is working on FDDI for it.
>
>    Can you dig through the driver and see if it's PCI or sBus?

The FDDI stuff that I can find in 2.4.20 are things like:

/* $Id: ptifddi.c,v 1.14 2001/04/14 01:12:04 davem Exp $
 * ptifddi.c: Network driver for Performance Technologies single-attach
 *            and dual-attach FDDI sbus cards.
 *
 * Copyright (C) 1996 David S. Miller (davem at caip.rutgers.edu)
 */

/*
 * File Name:
 *   defxx.c
 *
 * Abstract:
 *   A Linux device driver supporting the Digital Equipment Corporation
 *   FDDI EISA and PCI controller families.  Supported adapters include:
 *
 *              DEC FDDIcontroller/EISA (DEFEA)
 *              DEC FDDIcontroller/PCI  (DEFPA)

/*
 * File Name:
 *   skfddi.c
 *
 * Copyright Information:
 *   Copyright SysKonnect 1998,1999.
 *
 * Abstract:
 *   A Linux device driver supporting the SysKonnect FDDI PCI controller
 *   familie.
 *
 * Maintainers:
 *   CG    Christoph Goos (cgoos at syskonnect.de)
 *
 * Contributors:
 *   DM    David S. Miller
 *
 * Address all question to:
 *   linux at syskonnect.de

So it looks like there is support for at least one SBUS adapter. It's
certainly not a wide range of drivers.

--andy.